The concept sounds just as strange as unlikely. The Bulletproof Coffee drink started to spread among a small group of health specialists, but has now grown to become a worldwide sensation. The phenomenon has been highlighted in the New York Times, The Today Show, Business Insider, Men's Health, and the Daily Mail. Among Bulletproof Coffee drinkers one can find people ranging from businessmen, olympic medalists, NBA professionals and schoolteachers, to Hollywood celebrities, MMA fighters and professional poker player.
The idea was to develop the optimal drink for lasting mental performance, energy and well-being. And of course, promoting health was also a requirement. The inspiration came from Tibet, where they have been drinking tea mixed with yak butter for a long time.
To make a Bulletproof Coffee one mixes fresh coffee, Brain Octane oil (the finest fatty acids from coconut oil) and organic butter in a blender. The result is a drink that tastes and looks like a wonderful creamy latte. The mixture provides a slow release of caffeine and provides prolonged satiety and makes you able to perform at your best without being disturbed by cravings or low energy levels.
For all three of us here at Succeeder, Bulletproof Coffee has become a daily pleasure in our lives, both as a delicious drink and as the ultimate start to the day.
How to make your Bulletproof Coffee:
1. Heat a cup (about 2 dl) of water to just below boiling point.
2. Add 2 ½ heaping tablespoons of freshly ground coffee to your Press pot/French press. You get the best results with Bulletproof Coffee. Brew your coffee for about 4 minutes to retain the beneficial oils in the coffee and optimal taste.
3. Pour 1 teaspoon of Brain Octane oil (increase gradually over several days to 1-2 tablespoons).
4. Add 1 tablespoon of organic unsalted butter (gradually increase to 2 tablespoons), some people prefer unsalted butter.
5. Mix in a blender or with a hand blender for 20-30 seconds until the coffee resembles a creamy latte.
/ Mattias Ribbing, Christine Ribbing and Jonas Bergqvist
Ari Gold laddar med en Bulletproof Coffee.